• Y&R
  • $165,260.00 -165,260.00/year*
  • New York , NY
  • Accounting
  • Full-Time
  • 354 W 31st St


Loading some great jobs for you...




Overview

Email this job to a friend Reporting to the VP Compliance -this role will be based in New York City, working with a prestigious global advertising network. This role is integral in maintaining and supporting the integrity and effectiveness of the Company's control environment and SOX Compliance program across the Americas.

Share on your newsfeed

People are the heart and soul of our?business.

Responsibilities

Demonstrate understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, and SOX related regulatory and compliance standards. Scheduling and executing SOX compliance site visits, across different agencies within the network across the Americas, in coordination with the VP of Compliance. Using the approved Compliance program and approach, perform walkthroughs of various processes ? (e.g. Purchase to Pay) with the relevant process owners. Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advice management on remediation steps to comply with parent company?s sox guidelines. Exercise professional skepticism and judgment. While onsite visit issue controls status reports, with agreed upon remediation plans and target dates. Consistently perform follow-ups on remediation status. Track remediation and compliance to the parent company?s sox program. This is a key part of the job. Consistently update the VP Compliance and Global Compliance Director of each office compliance status, and readiness for sox compliance audits Plan subsequent follow up visits, or conference calls, to ensure all remediation points are achieved. Build and nurture positive working relationships with Office CFO?s and Finance community, by providing high quality deliverables and communications. Build good working relationships with parent company?s audit team, and external auditors. Sox is estimated to be 75% of the position, with the remaining 25% being other types of projects, reviews, audits, analysis, or investigations. For example investigating potential fraud, performing balance sheet reviews, reviewing a global client staffing plan from a more operational process perspective, or any other type of review requested by the Global CFO or the Global Controller

Qualifications

A positive attitude. Good communication skills. A solid understanding of Internal Controls, SOX compliance, Accounting and IT controls. A desire to understand the systems and processes under review and company operations, policies and procedures. Ability to understand and evaluate risks or control gaps within a process. Ability to prepare and articulate objective, defensible, fact-based information. Quick learner with excellent interpersonal and time / project management skills and is a team player who is highly motivated and detail-oriented. Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities. Should be able to work with a large variety of personalities. This includes the ability to ask questions or communicate issues as necessary to bring a task or project to successful completion. High degree of integrity and ethical standards required. 3-5 years of internal controls, audit, and accounting experience with a public accounting firm. CPA preferred Spanish speaker is a plus Ability to travel -- estimated at 40% including international travel.

* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.

Launch your career - Upload your resume now!

Upload your resume

Loading some great jobs for you...