- Whirlpool Corporation
- $192,290.00 -192,290.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
10451 N Big Creek Rd
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We are nimble -- innovating at the pace of life, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial. We are always looking for new opportunities to grow. We collaborate with purpose, delivering innovation that expands boundaries for new categories, services and businesses. We continually adapt the latest consumer insights and technology to design and build innovative products that influence trends. And it pays off the employees in our 70 manufacturing, research and design centers spark ideas that lead to more than 70 million products sold every year. You might think it s enough for us to be the world s leading manufacturer of major home appliances, but at Whirlpool Corporation, we never stop finding new ways to create demand and earn trust.
Based at our brand-new offices in downtown Chicago, the Tax Strategy & Planning Director will play a leadership role in developing and implementing tax planning strategies that maximize business opportunities while optimizing the Company s cash tax position, minimizing the effective tax rate and managing tax risk. The ideal candidate will need to have the technical ability to manage a large portfolio of global planning projects, as well as support tax controversy issues as needed. The candidate will need to have deep international tax planning experience in connection with a wide array of complex international transactions, and should be skilled in creating and driving tax planning and strategy. This position will develop collaborative working relationships across the Company, function as a liaison with key business groups for tax reporting and tax planning, and contribute as a key member of the global tax management team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for participating in the company s strategic tax planning and helping provide support to create and implement high value tax planning strategies and other financial arrangements.
- Make recommendations to strategically enhance tax operations, prepare special analyses/evaluations in support of major tax initiatives and collaboratively develop operating policies and procedures and improvement programs for the attainment of corporate tax objectives.
- Monitor legislative and statutory tax changes and assess potential impact to the Company.
- Work to support projects with the cross-border M&A tax team focused on acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures and reorganizations including due diligence, design and implementation of structuring, tax treaties, treasury, debt management and post-merger integration. Interact with global corporate disciplines including business development, operations, legal, treasury and finance.
- Communicate U.S. tax issues and requirements to finance and operations personnel and monitor compliance on an ongoing basis.
- Identify tax risk areas and work with other functional areas to ensure appropriate steps are taken to minimize tax risk.
- Play an integral role in building a results-oriented tax function to ensure that Tax Department goals are achieved through the development of professional staff and foster a collaborative, team-based work environment which provides supervision and development opportunities for professional tax staff.
- Build and maintain close working relationships across various corporate and business functions throughout the organization to help facilitate timely and accurate tax reporting and execution of tax strategy.
- Maintain strong relationships with external auditor and advisors. Interface with outside tax consultants in the exchange of information on tax issues.
- At least 7 years of progressive strategic tax experience within a Big 4 Accounting Firm, Law Firm, and/or large multinational corporate tax department handling complex international tax issues and analysis.
- Must have experience in international tax, Subchapter C, Foreign Tax Credit/Tax Attribute planning, intercompany restructuring, and international reorgs.
- Tax controversy experience is highly preferred
- Experience in transfer pricing is highly preferred.
- Basic understanding of tax accounting principles
- Experience in foreign jurisdictions including the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Brazil, Italy, Canada, Mexico and China are a plus
- Ability to handle and manage change in a proactive way and is a strong team player who generates enthusiasm, collaboration, credibility and commitment.
- Must have excellent tax research, written and verbal communication skills, financial and business acumen, and keen analytical skills.
- JD/LL.M. in Taxation or an accounting/finance degree with a Masters in Taxation is required
Whirlpool Corporation is also consistently ranked as one of the top 25 most reputable companies and as one of Fortune Magazine s most admired companies. Our vision is to offer the Best Branded Consumer Products...in Every Home Around the World through
our mission: Create Demand and Earn Trust Every day. At Whirlpool, prudent risk-taking, innovation and empowerment are fostered. Furthermore, each employee is additive and brings to the organization unique skills and attributes which impact the business we share. We collectively embrace and deliver focused on our enduring values: Respect, Integrity, Diversity & Inclusion, Teamwork and Spirit of Winning; we help our employees, consumers, shareholders and communities accomplish their goals so they can make the most of moments that matter. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Associated topics: associate director, controller, general manager, general operational manager, general operations manager, manage, operational manager, organizational culture, president finance, senior director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...