Senior corporate counsel (Counsel 4)
Wells Fargo in Hartford, IA
- Industry: Government - Accounting/Finance
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $95,960.00 - 205,330.00 / Year*
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as Personal Cell or Cellular in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Senior corporate counsel (Counsel 4) is a member of the Legal Department responsible for advising senior management on public company matters, including SEC filings and other public disclosures, corporate governance, board and shareholder items, and securities law compliance matters.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of legal-related experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government, regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated sound knowledge and experience advising senior management of publicly traded companies on SEC filings and other public disclosures, corporate governance, board and shareholder items, and securities law compliance matters
- Strong securities and corporate law background, including demonstrated knowledge of the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and corporate governance principles for publicly traded companies
- Detail oriented; able to analyze, and develop and execute solutions to complex legal issues; and comfortable advising senior management on high profile matters
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills, and a demonstrated willingness to collaborate with colleagues and other team members
- Familiarity with NYSE and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Familiarity with financial services industry
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: accountant ii, accountant iii, accounting officer, audit, economic, financial analyst i, financial analyst iv, insurance, risk, sas
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Hartford, IA!