WellRight in Chicago, IL
- Industry: Accounting - Corporate Accounting - Entry Level
- Type: Full Time
Who is WellRight?
WellRight is a leading provider of corporate wellness software, used by organizations to improve the health of their employees. Our mission is to change people for good through positive habit formation. We provide a fun, energetic, and supportive environment to work in. Our solutions are industry-leading and built on the latest web-scale, cloud technologies.
Who you are.
As the Staff Accountant, you will report to the Assistant Controller. You will be responsible for administering the company s accounting functions including daily and monthly entries as well as assisting with the billing and monthly close.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay, benefits, and a collaborative and supportive work environment. That s why we offer great perks like healthy lunch on Tuesdays, WellRight workouts, flex time off to volunteer in your community and unlimited PTO. We practice what we preach and use our own technology and services to enrich the lives of our employees!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Interpret contracts in order to properly set up client subscriptions in our billing system
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual client billings
- Accounts receivable follow up and work efficiently with sales and account management teams to gather information as necessary to support billing responsibilities
- Perform month-end journal entries for revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Timely record and pay bills while maintaining A/P and vendor files
- Manage corporate credit card entries and monthly reconciliation
- Support month-end close process
- Take initiative, work on issues proactively and identify and implement solutions for problems
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required by the CFO and Assistant Controller
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably with SaaS subscription revenue
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets. Experience with billing and market-leading ERP systems
- A sound understanding of deferred revenue and revenue recognition
- Basic understanding of GAAP and ASC 606
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with other competencies and third parties
- Innovative analytical and problem-solving skills
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!