Accountants, working with Vaco gives you an advantage over your competition through relationships with the human resources manager and hiring managers directly. We are currently looking to fill our client's Staff Accountant position and we want to hear from you! Think of us as an advocate who will promote your strengths and prepare you for your interviews supplying you with key info on our client.
Our Client, a Non-Profit Organization in Irvine, CA is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their finance team.
As a Staff Accountant, you will play an integral role in accurately preparing our client's accounting records and performance. You will be responsible for a variety of general accounting functions as well as providing accounting support for senior staff if needed.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash management, accounts/pledge receivables, bi-weekly payroll, inventory, fixed assets, credit card merchant accounts, and general and entity accounting functions within GAAP and an effective framework of internal controls
- Review and approve all journal entries & reconciliations
- Ensure the appropriate recording of pledge and cash receipts; reconcile with development department records
- Maintain a system of orderly accounting files and records
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, revenue and expenditures
- 3-5 years' experience as an Accountant
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles pertaining to not-for-profit entities
- An eye for detail with the ability to see the big picture
- Proficiency in Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting software
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and have advanced excel skills