Our client, located in Brooklyn, NY is adding a A/P Associate to the team.
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Maintaining accurate and up to date vendor records.
- Reconciling expenses which have been approved for payment and ensure all payment are made accurately and within the time limits.
- Direct Full Cycle AP processing including:
- GL coding.
- Invoice entry.
- Check processing.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process and enter invoices
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check, credit card, purchasing card and ACH \"Direct Deposit\" requests, matching invoices with document control
- Audit and process credit card bills, matching receipts with the credit card bill
- Match invoices to checks or ACH requests and obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance
- Track and monitor selected expense items and provide reports as requested
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Process and Maintain long-term vendor contracts and work orders including document control
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
Requirements for the position include:
- MINIMUM 3 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Experience working in a real estate office or accounting office a big plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must be very proficient in Quick Books
This is an excellent direct-hire, permanent opportunity with the opportunity to grow with the company.