Accounting Consultant - Multiple Locations
Employment Type: Full-Time
This role supports FP&A and Accounting partners across all three Segments (M&R/C&S/E&I) for UHC and Optum within UHC Intersegment Finance.
- Supports segment reporting / analysis functions and play key role in financial close activities for intersegment
- Focuses on analyzing/researching inquiries from segment partners and addressing ad hoc requests
- Supports segment process improvements, enhanced reporting and special projects
- Helps identify problems and isolate root causes as well as provide insights to management on various business issues and challenges
- Understands intersegment segment support and operational processes & ability to effectively educate others
- Develops and maintains internal control structure and procedures related to segment support function
- Develops, implements and maintains processes and procedures for accurate and timely analysis of data ensuring best practices
- Provides indirect work direction to OGS staff performing operational support work
- Coordination and communication between various areas of the team for the efficient and timely execution of close processes (domestic and off-shore)
- Interacts with business partners to ensure data accuracy and coordination of changes to processes
- Identifies issues as well as provides insights to management on various business opportunities
- Plays key role on team projects to support team goals and initiatives
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance or Equivalent Field
- 3+ years of Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Core understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills including MS Excel
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple requests, assessing priorities and achieving
- Solutions under deadline
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates the drive and motivation to deliver high quality results based on thorough analysis
- Possesses sound business knowledge and strong decision making skills
- Healthcare industry experience a plus
- Hyperion Essbase/Smartview experience
- PeopleSoft Experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accountant, Accounting, GAAP, Senior Accountant, Excel, Finance, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Loading some great jobs for you...