CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
UNC Health Care in Soddy Daisy, TN
- Industry: Accounting - Accounting Management
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $111,930.00 - 195,550.00 / Year*
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Job DescriptionThe CFO of UNC Hospitals will serve as the top finance leader of UNC Hospitals and will be responsible for providing financial leadership, managing all operational finance concerns, coordinating financial planning and reporting processes, for budget development and management functions in support of and for use by management. The CFO of UNC Hospitals will serve as a collaborative member of the hospital's senior leadership team, providing proactive and creative financial guidance and advice to senior leaders, while ensuring its short and long term goals and objectives are achieved. This position dually reports to the President of UNC Triangle Hospitals West (includes the Academic Medical Center, Hillsborough Hospital, Chatham Hospital and Wakebrook Behavioral Health) and the Associate CFO of UNC Health Care and provides day to day support to the CEO and management team of UNC Hospitals.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Financial Leadership - Develop, lead and communicate a compelling vision for UNC Hospitals finance, grounded in the mission and values, to achieve high standards of effectiveness for service areas to inspire them to pursue excellence through service, management tools, and efficient work processes and technology. Manage and oversee all financial activities, including strategic planning, business modeling, budgets, productivity management, accounting practices, reporting processes and audits. Observing trends and acting as a steward to safe-guard the resources of the organization. Analyze performance variances and unusual trends and keep decision-makers informed of significant trends and events. Support business development with development of business plans; forecast critical milestones, potential obstacles, evaluate risk/benefits and present alternate course of actions; provide guidance to maximize UNC Hospitals financial position and successful implementation of growth opportunities. Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Coordinate and lead hospitals monthly departmental operation reviews. Analyze actual financial results and budget variances for profit and loss, balance sheets and statement of cash flow. Provide insight and recommendations to both short term and long term growth plans.
2. Leading Change - Acts as a catalyst for organizational change, specifically as it relates to financial processes and procedures. Influences others to translate vision into action. Brings about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Establishes an organizational vision and implements it in a continuously changing environment. Is open to change and new information and rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Deals effectively with pressure and remains calm, stable, optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization. Capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks. Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with others.
3. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence and by promoting the organization's vision internally and externally. Delegates responsibility clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner. Is able to build highly effective and durable relationships with staff and leaders, including physicians across the organization. Artful in delivering the tough messages when necessary. Ability to quickly learn and adapt to the culture and unique aspects of UNC Healthcare and UNC Hospitals
4. Results Driven - Exceeds organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care. Makes well-informed, timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unfavorable results. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and builds the organization by developing and improving services. Leads the budgeting process. Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities, monitors expenditures in support of programs and policies, and identifies cost-effective approaches.
MBA or MHA required
Professional Experience Requirements:
Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive healthcare finance experience, including eight (8) years of management experience required, ideally gained in a multi-hospital system with an academic medical center.
Experience working as an executive finance leader, particularly as a CFO, in an academic medical center preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, patient financial services, cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and governmental accounting and financial reporting standards.
Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting.
Experience working with Lawson and the Strata Decision Technology suite preferred.
Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
Ability to make effective presentations and handle challenging questions.
Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: 1000-79030-Director's Office
Shift: Day Job
Join our Talent Network and get UNC Health Care news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
UNC Health Care employees: Help friends find great career opportunities. Log in so we can track your recommendations.
The UNC Health Care System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health Care vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health Care offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.
Copyright 2020 UNC Health Care. All rights reserved.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!