Fund Accountant I-Alternative Investments
What You'll Do
Under direct supervision, utilizes generally accepted accounting principles to assist in accounting, pricing, and reconciliation for multiple alternative investment funds.
- Perform general ledger accounting functions ensuring compliance with all accounting policies and procedures and in accordance with applicable rules and regulations such as SEC, IRS and GAAP under direct supervision.
- Monitor and review cash settlements, investor activity, interest, dividend payments, and other cash items to ensure that outstanding issues are being addressed and elevated to the appropriate level.
- Enter trade information as needed, to reflect current positions in each fund's portfolio.
- Price securities, as required, in accordance with the fund's Offering Memorandum (OM).
- Identify and report daily accounting and pricing issues to the Senior Fund Accountant, Lead Fund Accountant, and/or Manager.
- Reconcile accounts and resolve or report all exceptions on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Assist with ongoing audit coordination efforts and provides information and documents to other departments as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of the financial statements, investor reports and other client reports. Schedules to include the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, financial highlights and accompanying notes.
- Develop general working knowledge of alternative investment funds.
- Provide access to, update and maintain client and investor portal.
- Prepare expense accrual analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant
In this Role, You will Need
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Exhibit initiative in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrates good work habits and attendance and follows policies and procedures
Loading some great jobs for you...