As a key member of the Finance leadership team, this person will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting close process, financial statement production, Board of Directors reporting, and lender reporting. Operations controlling, accounts receivable, payable and credit will report to this function. This person will oversee other specialists in the finance team as needed and work closely with the CFO to drive business decisions and results.
- Serve as key business partner to Operations, Supply Chain, and Purchasing functions.
- Participate in preparation of the monthly and quarterly packages for Champion leadership team and the board of directors.
- Manage timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting results through the close and consolidation process for U.S. and subsidiary operations.
- Drive business results through the costs savings projects, working capital management, and project analysis
- Manage, mentor, and develop a high performing, professional team, which includes the Plant Controlling, General Ledger Accounting, Accounts, Receivable, and Accounts Payable teams.
- Lead the relationship with our independent and internal auditors; manage the annual audit process.
- Lead the external financial reporting function, providing monthly and quarterly financial information to UCI corporate controlling, tax, and treasury.
- Review support and post monthly JDE journal entries, check balances in JDE Trial Balance reports and test account reconciliations for completeness and proper balance.
- Enforce technical accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP and serve as Champion expert on US GAAP by recommending accounting treatment for various business transactions.
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Implement appropriate internal controls and processes.
- Working capital management including key linkage with our corporate Treasurer.
- BA/BS in finance or accounting; MBA or CPA a plus
- Experience preparing financial statements for lender institutions
- 10+ years of controlling, finance and accounting experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP required, with expertise in technical accounting and internal controls
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in researching & documenting new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of complex issues
- Must be a working manager, capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Strong knowledge of advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills and proficiency with Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems
- Attention to detail and highly organized with unquestionable integrity and judgment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and good independent judgment
- A proven track record of identifying and developing talented team members
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity and prior experience with ERP systems (JD Edwards) and HFM consolidation system preferred
Associated topics: associate director, chief investment officer, director, director finance, manage, operational manager, president, staff, supervise, vice president