General Ledger/Fixed Assets Accountant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Client is searching for qualified candidates to assume the role of General Ledger/Fixed Assets Accountant.
Summary/Objective: Reporting directly to the Senior Accounting Manager, the GL / FA Accountant will assist with monthly closing, financial reporting, and the year-end audit. This position will be responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and assisting in the preparation of financial statements to ensure proper accounting procedures and controls. This position will also be responsible for all fixed assets functions. This is a salaried, exempt position and therefore, is considered exempt from overtime.
Keyresponsibilities of the GL/FA Accountant role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for general ledger accounting, including journal entry preparation, reconciliation andanalysis of various balance sheet and income statement accounts to ensure compliance, integrityof balances, accuracy andtimeliness of financial reporting.
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations, resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Record and analysis of intercompany transactions and schedules to support consolidation.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and schedules.
- Maintain schedules for corporate income tax to ensure compliance with tax laws.
- Assist with external financial and tax audits and coordinate the audit process.
- Ability to evaluate and apply US GAAP requirements.
- Research, review and resolve unusual variances with minimal supervision
- Prepare covenant compliance reporting packages periodically and maintain various government incentive schedules.
- Assist with maintenance of accounting policies, including related documentation of internal control procedures.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets to effectively track them from time to time
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs and close out those project costs once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger accounts.
- Perform depreciation calculation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulateddepreciation.
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Prepare property tax returns.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Five plus (5+) years of hands-on GL accounting and three plus (3+) years of fixed asset accounting experience is required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting is required.
- Previous interaction with internal/external auditors is required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal control best practices.
- Previous experience with SAP software is highly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, what-if analysis, etc.).
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must possess clear written and verbal communicationskills and strong interpersonal skills.
- CPA a plus.
- Bilingual in Chinese and English (read, write, and speak) is a plus.
- Knowledge of and ability to communicate issues of accounting and finance to facilitate and aid decision making.
- Responsible for the performance of the assigned area and team.
- Sensitive to people and can influence in a positive manner.
- Must be a self-driven team player with the ability to work with tight deadlines.
Loading some great jobs for you...