Tommy's Boats in Minneapolis, MN
- Industry: Accounting - Accounting Management
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $133,980.00 - 133,980.00 / Year*
MKB Holdings is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan and is seeking an experienced CFO to join the executive leadership team. The right candidate will possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of managing accounting functions for several different investment companies at once as well as have experience overseeing finances in a multi-state company.
The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the companys plan for growth and expansion.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance and accounting staff as required.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Conducts or coordinates audits of company account and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and regulations
- Receives, records, and authorizes request for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities
- Analyzes financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas for improvement
- Provides direction and assistance regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, efficient control and utilization of financial resources
- Willing to travel to various business locations to ensure a thorough understanding of our products, processes and facilities.
- Any other task as requested by supervisor
Accounting and Analysis: Ability to read and understand financial statements, budgets and forecasts and act on the data. Knowledge of accounting and finance principles involved in bill paying, general journal entries, preparation of financial statements and cash flow
Humility: ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to learn from them.
Organization: ability to simplify processes, organize tasks, data, and files to help improve the overall efficiency of the Accounting department
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing
Training: Able to clearly document company procedures and policies and train staff and employees on these company procedures and policies
- Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 7 years experience preferred
- Computer Skills: Advanced Microsoft Office and Quickbooks experience required. Experience with Counterpoint, Aloha and Agilysys preferred.
The work environment and physical demands listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Normal office conditions are expected.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, regularly required to stand and walk. Employee regularly uses hands and fingers to touch, feel, handle. Employee regularly stoops, kneels, bend at the waist, and reaches. Employee is frequently required to speak and hear. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds on occasion.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!