Kansas City PLUS Leaders (Nixa)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Loading some great jobs for you...
Kansas City, MissouriWe're training a team of transformational school leaders to provide Kansas City students with the schools they deserve.
TNTP s Kansas City Pathway to Leadership in Urban Schools (PLUS) is a two-year principal certification and master s degree program that prepares the next generation of visionary principals and aspiring leaders to bring their school s mission to life. In partnership with the Kauffman Foundation and many district and charter schools in Kansas City, TNTP will strengthen the work of current school-level leaders and prepare a deep bench of future leaders.
In addition to an intensive summer institute and job-embedded coaching, PLUS leaders attend monthly professional development sessions and benefit from a network of diverse leaders. Throughout the year, we carefully assess and support your growth, considering a variety of evidence to help you stay on track to become a great school leader. At every step, you will know how you are doing and what you need to do to improve. You can learn more by visiting our website atQualifications
: PLUS Leaders are a diverse set of experienced educators with a strong track record in the classroom and a deep commitment to Kansas City s students. PLUS Leaders have prior experience leading adults as teacher leaders, instructional coaches, and department chairs and are passionate about helping teachers do their best work so that students succeed.
What We Offer:
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- A Bachelor's degree with at least a 2.5 GPA
- A commitment to learning and growing as an instructional leader
- A commitment to serving students and families in Kansas City for at least 3 years
- Exemplary communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on school performance goals
- Proven track record of success as a teacher
- Ability to work with students and staff and to motivate and engage them in a positive way
- Applicants who have already obtained their administrative certification are not eligible for Kansas City PLUS
- Principal Certification: Aspiring leaders who meet our bar, complete required coursework with our university partner, University of Missouri Kansas City and pass required exams will receive their principal certification.
- Hands-on training: PLUS Leaders will build their expertise by working in a leadership role, helping teachers improve their practice with the support of their host principal and a TNTP leadership coach.
- Personalized coaching: An experienced leadership coach will work with each PLUS Leader, offering bi-weekly feedback and personalized, job-embedded support that reflects the culture and leadership values of their particular school.
- A community of leaders from the city s top district and charter schools: PLUS Leaders will join a network of 15-20 fellow leaders from across Kansas City who will challenge them to grow.
Only qualified candidates will be considered. If you do not have a Bachelor's degree, teaching certification, and at least three years of teaching experience, you are not eligible for this position.Salary:
Kansas City PLUS is not a direct employer. Salary ranges are negotiated based upon role, school placement and experience.To Apply
Please submit your application at this link.Applications submitted online through the Workday application process will not be reviewed or considered.Position Type:
Seasonal (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record, conviction record, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of TNTP, including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, and administering all personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs or terminations.
Associated topics: college, gs 1701, gs 1720, instructor, lecturer, paraeducator, school superintendent, student, teach, teacher
Loading some great jobs for you...