Our client iscurrently seeking an established and self-motivated Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager to jointheirgrowing International Tax team.The International Tax Manager will be responsible for managingthe firmsclient service matters in the international tax area while also building and growingthepractice in this area.
The ideal candidate will have had 5+ years of experience in international corporate taxation and will serve as an international tax advisor and be responsible for working with and assisting multi-national clients understand any potential tax planning opportunities and helping them comply with U.S. and international compliance requirements.
The International Tax Manager will concentrate on U.S. International compliance, consulting and planning, and U.S. taxation of international operations including: US and foreign tax accounting and forecasting for matters affecting international operations, international operational tax planning and strategy, and international tax compliance.
- Monitoring international tax developments (ex. legislation, regulations, changes in business operations) and communicating the necessary recommendations to clients to wither take advantage of the changes or limit exposure
- Assist with business development and expansion of services for new and existing clients and territories
- Manage, direct, advise, and deliver multiple client engagements while maintaining active communication with clientsin an effort toexceed expectations and establish client satisfaction
- Research, write and review client tax advice relating to domestic and international tax matters
- Manage and direct international aspects of outsourced or co-sourced compliance and other quantitative oriented international tax engagements
- Monitor and convey toassignedclients information regarding U.S. technical developments as well as their application to Federal and International tax issues
- Communicating and educating clients on international tax rules and procedures and on how to make accounting, treasury and other operations more efficient and effective
- Advising on and assisting in tax planning and strategy development involving M&A activities, investments, borrowings, and international expansion
- Assisting with client tax filings and audits relating to international operations (Tax Compliance)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Licensed CPA or JD/LLM
- 5+ years of experience in international corporate taxation, preferably through a combination of large accounting firm and multi-national corporation experience
- Proven ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax people and work effectively across all levels of the client relationship
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation and project management skills, as well as general knowledge of corporate tax compliance; demonstrated ability to develop business
- Knowledge of ASC 740 to help plan, prepare and review
- Experience with U.S. international tax laws, including Subpart F, Foreign Tax Credits, transfer pricing, Check the Box Principles, Outbound and Inbound Transactional Structuring, U.S. Tax Treaty Research and Interpretation, Repatriation Strategies, Base Shifting, FSC/EIE, Foreign Tax Credit Planning and International Mergers & Acquisitions
- U.S. international compliance & planning
- Foreign currency tax issues
- Solid understanding of FAS 109 and U.S. federal taxation
- Experience withCorptax, OneSource, orGoSystemRS