Employment Type: Full-Time
Heico has a history of success. Since its founding over 40 years ago The Heico Companies L.L.C. has grown from a single business to over 70 separate companies through a strategic acquisition policy, and by reinvesting its earnings into internal growth and new prospects. Historically talented at restoring distressed companies, Heico strategically targets acquisitions that will complement its ever-growing portfolio of companies in manufacturing, construction, and industrial services.
These four core operations are organized into platforms: Metal Processing Group, Construction Group, Ancra Group, and Pettibone L.L.C. Once acquired, new Heico companies are assigned to a platform and run on a stand-alone basis, allowing for great independence as well as the opportunity to share knowledge about markets, production processes, and management practices across other Heico platforms and companies.
Heico continues to seek out new opportunities and maintain its standard of success. The Heico Companies L.L.C has remained a privately held company since its creation and maintains a majority ownership in each of its operations, which generate more than two and a half billion dollars in revenues. Many of our businesses are certified Woman-owned Business Enterprises (WBE).
More information about the overall organization can be found at www.heicocompanies.com.
This position reports to the Director of Financial Reporting/Assistant Controller and will assist Heico Corporate Finance in transitioning into a more sophisticated analytical and reporting group to meet the evolving needs of the company’s executive management team.
- Research and analyze technical accounting matters impacting the organization. Prepare position papers and related analyses to support accounting conclusions reached as required.
- Assist with purchase accounting for acquisitions, including internal preparation of fair value estimates.
- Review the total company consolidation and determine/reflect adjustments required to achieve accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare financial statements, debt compliance calculations and related certifications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of new accounting standards and work with the operating companies to analyze any potential impact to the company. Assist with the company-wide implementation of new accounting standards.
- Monitor potential impairment exposures and lead any fair value analysis required.
- Work with business units to understand and evaluate significant company-wide reserves and contingencies.
- Assist with the development/updating of accounting and financial reporting policies for the organization.
- Involvement in the preparation for and execution of the annual external audit. This includes responding to requests and inquiries from external auditors, gathering data from site locations and following up on open issues.
- Prepare financial reporting and analysis for internal management needs throughout the year.
- Develop proficiency with the company’s consolidation software (SAP’s business objects). Assist corporate finance in developing tools to improve efficiency of monthly reporting process. Provide ideas and solutions for automating data gathering and reporting processes.
- Assist business units and their related operating platforms to optimize use of the consolidation software and reporting capabilities.
- Manage the internal quarterly financials certification process
- Assist in due diligence for acquisition targets as needed.
- Increase sophistication in reporting and analysis capabilities using Power BI
- Responsible for the general ledger and related financial statement submissions for real estate and other holding companies
- Assist in administration of the corporate-wide electronic travel booking and expense reporting system
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- 3 - 4 years of accounting experience
- CPA a plus
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel
- Experience working in team environments
- Experience working with consolidation software (SAP’s Business Objects, Hyperion, etc.) a plus
EOE M/F/D/VJob Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...