Our team is comprised of former accounting, compliance, finance, HR, banking, administrative and IT professionals. They began their careers holding positions with the Big 4, Regulatory Agencies, Global Banks, and Fortune 500 organizations. Their experience was further enhanced by successful management positions with high profile international staffing firms focusing on both consulting services and direct hire placement.
We are an award-winning firm in local markets that places accounting, finance, banking, compliance, IT, HR and administrative professionals in the best workplaces. Whether it's temporary, project or direct hire positions, our business professionals nimbly orchestrate perfect pairs between client companies and candidates through industry and local market knowledge, personal service, speed and an ethical approach. Office Locations:
Miami | Ft. Lauderdale | West Palm Beach | Tampa | Orlando | Houston | Atlanta | Charlotte | Philadelphia | New York City | Chicago POSITION PURPOSE:
Facilitates outstanding accounting experiences, responsible for providing accounting and clerical support to the Accounting Department personnel. Maintains accounting document files, including daily work and accounts payable. Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system. Prints accounts payable checks and inserts them into appropriate envelopes for mailing. Assists accounting personnel as requested. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Pays vendors by monitoring necessary approvals, resolving purchase order discrepancies, payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
2. Reconcile vendor statements and assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with vendors; maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct invoice transactions.
4. Submit updates to maintain vendor database and account payable vendor files
5. Serves as a telephone back-up to the Executive Assistant as needed.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Basic Knowledge & Competencies: Excellent Customer Service and multi-tasking skills Excellent oral and written communication skills Detail oriented; accuracy is imperative Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel Previous Experience/Education: High school graduate required Degree in Accounting preferred, but not required One year of previous related experience preferred