The Senior Cost Accountant performs accounting functions consisting of balance sheets, profit & loss statements and other financial reports.
* Supports monthly close process.
* Analyzes trends, cost, revenues and expenses.
* Reports organization's finances to management.
* Generates labor cost and shipments reports for management review.
* Offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
* Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
* Work experience in a manufacturing work environment preferred.
* Experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
* Related work experience in general accounting; previous experience with general ledgers required.
* Technical skills in account reconciliation; cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
* Planning and organization: ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
* Attention to detail.
* Problem analysis and problem resolution.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Computer proficiency: Word and Excel (particularly with spreadsheets).