Senior Tax Analyst, TD Securities
Compensation: $130,846.67 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
* Prepare all Federal Corporate Income Tax returns including 1120 and 1120-F for the US Wholesale operations along with quarterly estimates and extension calculations.
* Prepare income tax provisions under both IFRS and GAAP for US Wholesale operations and provide reporting packages to TD Bank Canada Tax for consolidation.
* Support Tax examinations by providing timely documentation and submission of packages.
* Prepare financial statement disclosures and footnotes related to income taxes on an annual and interim basis.
* Serve as a resource for the Wholesale income tax accounting function and business partnering with senior members within Finance.
* Work with external auditors for all US Wholesale tax related questions and issues with regards to Financial Statement disclosure for SEC/ Regulatory filings.
* Assist in evaluation of proposed and enacted tax laws with the ability to research and analyze the impact of the new tax legislation to the Wholesale business.
* Assist in evaluating new business proposals to ensure proper tax treatment.
* Maintain a strong internal control environment and documentation.
* Support tax special projects as they arise including tax software implementation.
The Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate preparation of tax provisions, federal tax returns and other related reporting for the US Wholesale banking division of TD Bank Group including the US branch of the Canadian bank. This position will report to the Head of US Wholesale Tax Reporting & Compliance and will be required to interact with various internal and external groups.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or comparable field
* CPA certificate is an asset, but not required
* 5+ proven years of experience in tax accounting and compliance
* Proficient in interpersonal communication (both oral and written), and have ability to communicate effectively with staff and manager
* Self-starter with the ability to work alone and in a team environment
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Strong understanding of ASC740
* Understanding of Basel III rules is an asset, but not required
* Proficiency and experience with the following:
o ERP Systems (preferred, but not required):
Oracle Hyperion Enterprise
o Tax Specific Applications (preferred, but not required):
Thomson Reuters OneSource Tax Return & Provision
o Microsoft Office products suite:
* Prior international tax experience preferred
Associated topics: bank, financial security, investment, merchant service, payment, payment management solution, personal banker, risk management, securities, treasury
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...