Senior Cost Analyst (Ellicott City)
Compensation: $124,590.00 - $163,390.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is constantly expanding our capabilities to meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients while adhering to our core values, which include national service, trustworthiness, integrity and candor, broad expertise, stability and security, and teamwork. Our mission at SPA is to provide timely and objective analysis and integrated technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business solutions in support of important national security objectives. We believe we can best support our client by aligning everything we do with their critical missions with a focus on future needs.
SPA's Emerging Markets Group is responsible for a broad range of analytical, systems engineering, independent assessments, strategic planning, and technology research, development, testing and evaluation (RDT&E) programs in support of new SPA markets, as well as the company's San Diego office and portfolio.
This is an immediate offer for the Joint Program Executive Office, Chemical, Biological Defense, Joint Enterprise Omnibus Business & Analytical, Engineering & Technical, Information Technology (JE-OPETS). JE-OPETS has provided the professional civilian personnel to supplement and support program management, systems engineering, and technical assistance requirements as needed to facilitate systems development and life cycle management activities across the JPEO-CBD Enterprise; Current Acquisition Office.Responsibilities
The successful candidate shall:
- apply the Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution System (PPBES) to DOD acquisition programs; review project/program/product costs; and establish the required funding, schedule, performance, and supportability requirements throughout the acquisition life cycle.
- use cost estimating tools and decision support software (i.e., Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACEIT) and Logical Decisions for Windows).
- perform cost estimation and/or analysis using a variety of techniques (i.e., modeling, parametric analysis, engineering estimates, learning curve, risk analysis, and cost estimating relationships) for military systems acquisition in order to develop Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCEs), Independent Cost Estimates (ICEs)/Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs), Total Ownership Costs (TOCs), and/or Enterprise Agreements (EAs) for use in Business Case Analysis (BCAs), Cost Benefit Analyses (CBAs), Return On Investment (ROI) calculation, Best Value determination, risk assessments, Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs), and/or program budget development.
- develop and maintain life cycle cost estimates and conduct life cycle costs analyses in support of selected program
- perform a variety of cost and economic analyses (i.e., parametric cost estimating, cost and schedule estimating, life cycle cost analysis, cost estimating relationship development, model development, cost risk analysis, project forecasting, risk assessment, cost-benefit analysis and software cost estimating).
- Complete Performance Based Tasks Required
- The contractor shall facilitate development of cost estimates with JPM offices and the JPEO-CBRND cost analysis team
- develop cost estimates
- review cost estimates
- revise the JPEO-CBRND MDA Acquisition Handbook chapter on Should Cost to update and clarify guidance and write a chapter for the Handbook on Will Cost estimates.
- review Should Cost estimates.
- participate in JPEO-CBRND internal review board meetings and keep meeting minutes.
- develop and maintain a Should Cost tracking sheet and provide data analysis.
- implement the Should Cost policy when warranted by the effort.
- ensure that cost estimates developed by Level III Cost Analyst meet the requirements set above.
- validate Life Cycle Cost Estimates, Independent Government Cost Estimates, and other estimates as requested by the JPM or JPEO staff
- 10 years with Bachelor's degree OR 12 years with Associate's degree or Professional Certificate
- 6 years with Bachelor's degree OR 8 years with Associate's degree or Professional Certificate.
- At least 1 year of experience using the Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACEIT) suite.
- 6 years of experience working on integrated cost, schedule, and risk assessment metric
- Demonstrated expertise with the Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACEIT) suite
- 6 years of experience working with integrated cost, schedule, and risk assessment metrics
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Great customer interface skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Associated topics: foreign affairs, government, legislative, policy, political science, politics, public affairs, rights
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...