Payroll Specialist - SS&C Technologies
Compensation: $68,250.00 - $100,820.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This role will be located at 80 Lamberton Rd, Windsor, CT.
- The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the accurate processing of complex multi-state payroll, inclusive of new hires, terminations, and adjustments to earnings and benefits within the Ceridian system.
- Interfaces effectively with internal/external employees, management, and third parties
- Works under tight deadlines and heavy volume of work in fast-paced, quality-focused environment
- Focused on attention to detail, client business rules, providing outstanding customer service
- Team environment with high dedication to organization and clients, but also capable of independent judgement and problem solving
- Maintains highest degree of confidentiality
- Supports Payroll Administrator and Management by processing new hires, terminations, and miscellaneous payroll adjustments related to benefits, taxes, and supplemental pay
- Assists in the maintenance of the Payroll Inbox, monitors Employee Service Center tickets, and responds to employee payroll-related matters promptly and accurately
- Establishes rapport and understands the interrelationships between Payroll, Benefits, HR, and Finance and works together well with all groups
- Assists with projects related to payroll conversions and/or acquisitions
- Work closely with Human Resources, Benefits, and Finance departments to ensure accuracy and provide payroll related information
- Administrative support as needed
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 3+ years of experience in payroll or human resources or equivalent are essential for this job
- Prior experience in maintaining company payroll
- Knowledge of federal and state wage and tax laws
- Knowledge of Payroll, Benefits, and Reporting
- Certified Payroll Professional desired but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience processing payroll with Ceridian is extremely helpful
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Associated topics: benefit analyst, benefit specialist, bonus, compensation analyst, compensation consultant, compensation specialist, consultant, incentive compensation specialist, payroll analyst, wellness
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...