- Social Science Research Council
- $70,155.00 -120,660.00/year*
354 W 31st St
HR and Payroll Coordinator at Social Science Research Council (View all jobs) Brooklyn, NY
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, international, nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research, and publications. For more information, please visit our website: www.ssrc.org .
The SSRC seeks an HR and Payroll Associate/Coordinator to work with the Human Resources and Finance Departments on payroll and HR.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One to two years of related experience. Previous experience in a nonprofit environment is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access and Office, including Word and Excel, as well as internet applications.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily activities to meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new skills and work on different projects.
- Ensure proper, accurate, and timely processing of payroll in coordination with payroll service.
- Enter, track, and process all aspects of the biweekly payroll process through ADP/Namely: new hires, terminations, promotions, paid time off, time cards, benefits, hours worked, etc.
- Enter, track, and maintain all deductions needed for payroll.
- Maintain and file all tax forms and employees tax status, including W4, IT 2104, and W2.
- Research and answer payroll tax questions.
- Coordinate the logistics and behind-the-scenes processes for onboarding of all new hires, ensuring they feel welcomed and prepared for their first day.
- Coordinate employee benefits administration such as, but not limited to: health benefits, gym reimbursement, 403(b) transit reimbursement, tuition assistance, professional development funds, and short-term and long-term disability.
- Respond to and engage with employees regarding onboarding, HRIS, benefits, payroll, taxes, PTO, and benefits questions and requests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintain the professional development and tuition reimbursement database.
- Conduct routine maintenance of personnel and position records.
- Maintain compliance requirements and collaborate with the Director of Human Resources to ensure our benefits and policy offerings are aligned with all state and federal standards.
- Maintain confidentiality and high level of honesty and integrity.
- Field staff requests/inquiries regarding general human resources issues.
- Assist with review of monthly corporate card documentation.
- Respond to staff queries, and assist with budget training for new staff through finance orientation.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager with various audit functions.
- Prepare monthly allocations for postage, duplication, telephone, and travel.
- Create and post reclassification entries.
- Cross-train with Accounts Payable Coordinator.
- Provide support during annual and other audits, as required.
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, file maintenance, creating and maintaining databases and spreadsheets, reconciliations, and various other projects within the Finance Department as needed.
Terms, Salary and Benefits
Annual salary will be commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; $1,500 annual tuition and/or student loan reimbursement; outstanding pension plan and tax savings programs; generous vacation and sick leave; and more.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Social Science Research Council is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunity and to cultivating and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. SSRC maintains a policy of non-discrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with the Council are made on the basis of competence, skill and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, creed, color, religion, sex/gender, gender Identity and expression, national origin/ancestry, ethnicity, age, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partner status, medical conditions (including pregnancy and/or genetic information) or physical or mental disability, citizenship status or any other categories prohibited by law
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...