Data & Analytics Practice Area Leader
Compensation: $143,310.00 - $148,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 30 markets across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
We are also proud to be a Microsoft Gold Partner, 2018 Microsoft Power BI Global Partner of the Year, Premier AWS Partner, Platinum Salesforce Partner, Google Premier Partner, 5x Tableau Partner of the Year, 2018 Snowflake Partner of the Year, and 2018 Dell Boomi Partner of the Year.
Job Title: Practice Area Lead - Data & Analytics
Slalom's NYC office is looking for an entrepreneurial and progressive leader to lead the growth and success of our practice. The Practice Area Lead advises and partners with clients on solving their business problems by leveraging the Data and Analytics Practice offerings and capabilities. This individual will work closely with the sales and delivery teams to manage pre-sales efforts and engagements and will be involved in providing objective advice, expertise and specialist skills with the aim of creating value, maximizing growth or improving the business performance of our clients.
* Accountability for the Data and Analytics Practice, including driving sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects.
* Practice Building - Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
* Business Development - Lead business development activities, leveraging professional contacts for the benefit of the Company.
* Team & Individual Development - Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
* Engagement Management - Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
* Culture & Core Values - Enhance the Company's culture and exemplify our core values on a day-to-day basis.
* Develop proposals, presentations, statement of work (SOW) and proactively recommend strategies to grow Business Intelligence and Analytics Practice presence in existing accounts
* Deep understanding of Data & Analytics Technology landscape (trends, key platform vendors etc.)
* Work with account and sales teams to manage the pre-sales process with clients and provide the leadership throughout the opportunity lifecycle from initial qualification to closure of the deal.
* Provide thought leadership & IT transformation recommendations in various technology areas.
* Provide technical & architecture guidance, for various technology areas in the Data & Analytics spectrum.
* Should be able to execute short term strategic consulting projects, assessments, map solutions to client business processes, and develop value proposition and business case.
* Managing work in such a way that the results are both of distinctive quality and useful to the client in terms of improving competitive position.
* 10+ years of experience preferably in consulting with at least 5+ years consulting specifically in data & analytics solutions
* Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new account/clients from the ground up
* Strong communication and client facing skills
* Must demonstrate strong delivery experience covering a broad business base, complemented with a concentration in two or more of the following disciplines:
* Data Science
* Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
* Data Engineering
* Solution Ownership / Delivery Leadership
* Strong technical knowledge of and experience with cloud-based solutions, including systems integrations, and preferably with AWS, Google Cloud (GCP), or Azure.
* A demonstrated track record of successful consulting engagement management experience; including directing other staff members and having a major role in managing and interfacing with senior level client executives.
* Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within the company; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence versus direct line authority.
* Ability to balance the demands of multiple client assignments and staff development while pushing the intellectual envelope in search of solutions to complex problems.
* Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
* Expert business operations experience (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization)
* An entrepreneur with the ability to develop his/her practice area within a larger organization by leveraging existing resources and capabilities in new and unique ways to achieve success.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...