- Sheltering Arms
- $83,760.00 -87,160.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
10451 N Big Creek Rd
Early Childhood Bookkeeper - Morris Early Childhood Education Center, South Bronx
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms' largest day care, the Harriet Tubman Early Childhood Education Center in the South Bronx is a state of the art facility that boasts features such as a gym, auditorium, and advanced learning technology in every classroom. The Harriet Tubman Early Childhood Education Center inspires hope, encourages curiosity and learning for 150 children, ages 2-4 years old. Serving working families in the community, this center meets a growing need for high quality, affordable early education, and adds to our widely reputed Early Childhood program. Our dedicated educators guide children through hands-on learning activities and a constantly growing set of innovations, such as mental health support and exposure to the arts. Our model is informed by New York's Common Core learning standards and the Creative Curriculum, ensuring that children gain the early literacy, math, and cognitive skills they will need to succeed in Kindergarten and beyond.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking a Bookkeeper at our Harriet Tubman Center. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for all bookkeeping duties related to the operation of the center, as well as maintaining the reception area. This is full time, unionized position (DC 1707 and Local 205) in the South Bronx; comprehensive union benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision, prescription, and pension plan.
* Collecting, processing, and monitoring fees; completing bank reconciliation statements
* Maintaining child and staff attendance records, and staff vacation and sick leave
* Providing receptionist/clerical coverage as needed
* Preparing/typing lists, records, absence notices, late fee notices, permanent equipment requisition, minutes and agenda for staff meetings, evaluations, menus, reports, etc.; and maintaining equipment inventory, and placing supply orders
* Other duties as assigned
* A High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) is required; Bachelor's strongly preferred
* 3 + years of experience in a Bookkeeper/Assistant Bookkeeper role
* Six months experience as a payroll or figure clerk; Approved Bookkeeper's certification preferred
* Experience with developing and maintaining databases
* Strong presentation and group facilitation abilities; ability to do simple business computations
* Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office
* Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment, without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status in all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Associated topics: assistant preschool teacher, associate kindergarten teacher, baby, child, child care, early, early education, pre kindergarten, preschool, preschool teacher
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...