Sasol (USA) Corporation is expanding its existing Louisiana Chemical Operations with the development of a world-scale ethane cracker that will produce 1.5 million tons of ethylene and other downstream derivatives per year. The ethane cracker will enable Sasol to expand its differentiated ethylene derivatives business, while helping to strengthen U.S. Manufacturing, boost exports and spur economic growth.
Due to our tremendous growth we are now recruiting for an Manager Project Accounting. This position will reside in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
* Works with the LCCP Project Controls Manager to ensure consistent, timely and accurate weekly, and monthly reporting to all key stakeholders is in place. Owns the accuracy of financial data as reported in monthly Reporting venues through collaboration with Projects team.
* Works closely with Managers of Projects, Project Managers Project Controls Manager, and participates in monthly project reviews to challenge the financial and commercial health of projects
* Day to day finance business partner to the project management team and representative of Finance function to them
* Participates in processes that enable the project team to effectively manage its costs. Identifies and implements specific cost reductions and/or leakages.
* Drives timely recording of 3rd party invoices for LCCP project through collaboration with supply chain.
* Provides cash forecast for LCCP project with collaboration with supply chain.
* Works closely with the regional Tax manager and Regional Treasury manager regarding projects.
* Assures accurate recording of liabilities for projects.
* Supports Business Analysts in Forecasting/Budgeting process to ensure accurate outlook of projects.
* Ensures accuracy and consistency in application of Accounting Policy and Standards (IFRS)
* Provides detailed project variance analysis on a monthly basis to Sr. Manager/CFO
* Responsibility for project overall reconciliations around WIP, Provisions, Accruals
* Identifies and contributes to the ongoing development of systems and processes to enhance reporting and planning capabilities, including implementation of more frequent forecasting capability and delivery of deeper information for decision support
* Develops and implements project accounting systems and procedures
* Identifies benchmarking opportunities and continually challenges the status quo
* Supervises project accounting staff, processes and results
* Resolves complex issues related to accounts, methods and records for management
* Recruits, trains, coaches and develops project accounting staff
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, required
* 10-15+ years' business experience, CPA preferred
* Must have strong knowledge of IFRS
* Able to facilitate manage teams and people
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Able to think critically and analytically
* Successful working individually or in a team setting
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.