Employment Type: Full-Time
Williamsport, PA Corps, 457 Market StreetAvailability of Position:
: Part Time (up to 20 hours per week)Reporting Relationship:
Corps OfficerSalary and Grade:
$13.00 per hour; 73 Non-Exempt
The purpose of the Bookkeeper is: 1. To process deposit details in accordance with Salvation Army policies and standards from all sources of revenue. 2. To prepare all income and expense transmittals for processing by Centralized Accounting. 3. To support the Corps operations by completing other office related tasks. Responsibilities ?????????????????????????
- Prepare all financial deposits (counts cash, endorses and sums checks, and prepares deposit tickets in accordance with The Salvation Army?s procedures and insure timely, accurate deposit of the same).
- Record income for the Family Store to report taxable sales, non-taxable sales, and sales tax.
- Maintain petty cash in accordance with The Salvation Army?s policies and procedures.
- Prepares acknowledgments and thank you letters for donations received.
- Send income and expense transmittal forms to Centralized Accounting.
- Keep inventory of office supplies and reorder supplies as needed.
- Schedule routine maintenance for copier, elevators, pest control, etc.
- Maintain calendar of in-house meetings and events and ensure that adequate meeting space is reserved.
- Make daily run to post office for mail pick-up; purchase postage as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
? High School Diploma or equivalent required, to include: successful completion of high school level courses in math, business, and accounting
? Strong administrative skills (to include organizational skills, alphabetizing, follow-ups, etc.)
? Excellent verbal and written communication
? Detail-oriented, logical thinker
? Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite effectively
? Pleasant phone demeanor
? Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the
? following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
? Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Please send, email or fax your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
No phone calls please
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on November 14, 2019
_________________________The Salvation Army?s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1217
Loading some great jobs for you...