Bankruptcy Analyst (Frostburg)
Compensation: $97,120.00 - $153,410.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
This position will perform procedures relating to bankrupt accounts including processing incoming petitions, 341 notices, discharges, proof of claims, non-dischargeable debt review and estate closures in a shared service environment.
The primary goal is to be responsible for a wide range of duties, involving Bankruptcy. Remains current with bankruptcy laws, their interpretation and the applicable provisions, which best protect the interests of the credit union.
S3 has a commitment to excellence and the highest standards of member service. Our values and beliefs are critical to the success and growth of the business and they were all created with a unique cultural foundation.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs procedures relating to bankrupt accounts including processing incoming petitions, 341 notices, discharges, proof of claims, non-dischargeable debt review and estate closures. Remains current with bankruptcy laws, their interpretation and the applicable provisions, which best protect the interests of the credit union
- Makes decisions and/or recommendation for non-dischargeable debt on bankrupt accounts, meeting court specified deadlines and requires a general knowledge of federal bankruptcy court procedures
- Decisions/statuses account when a bankruptcy notice is received to charge-off, relief from stay, or current paying bankrupt account
- Daily maintenance on bankrupt loans ensuring correct status in OSI depending on status
- Daily maintenance in bankruptcy software to ensure proper follow-up for motions to be filed with the court and proof of claims filed timely
- Daily record retention
- Processes trustees checks
- Loads account information into the collection system
- Scanning documents
- Daily work in Internet banking system, bankruptcy system, collection system, credit card system and recovery system
- Frequently assists members with financial counseling. Arranges and agrees to alternative payment schedules for delinquent accounts
- Compliance with investor regulations (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
- Proactively supports corporate goals through maintaining effective collection procedures on delinquent accounts
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time
- Work in collaboration and partnership with other team members
- Serve as back-up for other collection functions as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Degree required/Associate s Degree or higher preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Bankruptcy preferred
- Experience with Microsoft office is required
- Bankruptcy background and knowledge of applicable laws, rules, and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of Investor guidelines and regulations
- Ability to tactfully question or actively listen and negotiate effectively with members, employees and departments to determine specific needs and solutions
- Strong communication skills with ability to carry out directions, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle fast paced environment and highly stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize workload based on mandatory requirements and member service level agreements
- Strong analytical skills required with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to multi-task in other areas of the unit
- Positive attitude and team-oriented
Associated topics: analyst, business analyst, financial analytic, government, guidance, investment fund, law, monitor, regulation, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...