- RSM US LLP
- $114,995.00 -157,490.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
354 W 31st St
RSM US LLP is looking for a dynamic state and local tax (SALT) Sr. Associate to join our national Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Tax group. This is a rapidly growing tax consulting practice with significant advancement opportunities. We advise multinational corporations, privately held companies, partnerships, and private equity firms on the tax aspects of planning, structuring, and executing M&A transactions. As a SALT M&A Tax Sr. Associate in this group, you will work with the team to help analyze proposed transactions for tax benefits and risks, advise clients on restructuring transactions, interpret complex tax rules and perform financial analysis to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions on a state and local level.
This role is responsible for:
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services, and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
- Manage due diligence projects by monitoring data rooms for information, updating request lists, developing call agendas, and coordinating tax calls
- Work in conjunction with Lead tax for any follow through from due diligence including state tax nexus analysis and voluntary disclosure filings
- Working with and assisting other members of the M&A Tax practice with various technical tax issues dealing with sales and use, income franchise, property tax, payroll tax and escheat tax
- Managing multiple engagements simultaneously and working with all M&A colleagues across the enterprise
- 2+ years of state and local tax experience, in a public accounting firm, a corporate tax department, or a law firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- CPA, EA or J.D./LL.M
- Knowledge of a broad range of state and local tax matters in various industries
- Able to manage multiple engagements
- Excellent research and writing skills
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req5458
Line of Business: Tax Services
SubFunction: SALT - M&A
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req5458
Location: 151 West 42nd Street , Floors 18-20 , New York, NY US
Region: Northeast Region
Job Category: Tax
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Associated topics: business finance, business intelligence, examiner, financial reporting analyst, guidance, investment analyst, market, refinement, regulation, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...