Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
$45000.00 to $50000.00 yearly
There is an opportunity for a full-time Staff Accountant with a terrific company. Strong compensation, excellent benefits, and career advancement could be yours in this position. Are you ambitious and detail-oriented? Robert Half Finance is seeking a Staff Accountant to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort. Based in the Louisville, Kentucky area, this role is a career-building, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. Preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and being responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close will be essential for this role. Consider this role if you want to participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. If you have a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets, you will be preferred for this role.
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Prepare monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Prepare analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management to report on
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliationJob Requirements:
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Skilled in analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Practical knowledge of financial statement preparation
- Proven knowledge of SAP
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience desired
- Foundational knowledge in Billing Functions
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
- General familiarity with month end closings
- Strong familiarity with Accounts Payable (AP)
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Well-founded grasp of Microsoft Excel
- Efficient in ERP systems
- 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Loading some great jobs for you...