Loading some great jobs for you...
May 16, 2020Have an account? Sign in.
If you're an experienced accountant with a keen eye for accuracy, there's an exciting opportunity through Accountemps for you to check out at a growing firm. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. You'll also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will also participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and look over schedules for the reporting processes. A very involved position, the Staff Accountant spends a good deal of time producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. The Pleasanton, California based company offering this multi-faceted, challenging long-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity provides a thriving environment where innovation is encouraged and effort is rewarded.
How you will make an impact
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Oversee the creation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for reporting to management
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Conduct month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Help with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Partake in annual closing processes
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Demonstrated ability in exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation experience preferred
- Full Cycle Accounting experience
- Bank Account Reconciliation experience
- QuickBooks experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings
- Adeptness in Microsoft Excel
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Skilled with ERP systems
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...