Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Robert Half Finance has a full-time opportunity for Staff Accountant candidates who want to become a critical part of an innovative company. This could be the ideal position for you, if you are driven by a challenging work environment with many components. In this Staff Accountant role, it will be critical for you to prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. You'll be interested in this position if you want to perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. Located in the Charlotte, North Carolina area, this position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. To thrive in this position, you will need to be a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls. Also ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
- Conduct month end close and compose journal entries with minimal supervision
- Assist with the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Periodic maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Manage intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Compose analyses for income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
- Become well-versed in month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Manage schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Oversee depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandableJob Requirements:
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- ERP system experience
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- General ledger experience required
- Solid understanding of Sage Accounting Software
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE s Most Admired Companies list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.###.#### or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Loading some great jobs for you...