June 16, 2020Have an account? Sign in.
There's currently a full-time opportunity in the Oil & Gas - Field Svcs industry for a Senior Accountant to join a thriving, innovative company in the San Diego, California area. As a Senior Accountant, your responsibilities will include financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This position comes with a strong compensation and benefits package, including a long-term potential opportunity for the candidate. We are looking for a candidate that possess excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support the successful growth of the firm. This Senior Accountant role is located in San Diego, California within the Oil & Gas - Field Svcs field.
- Successfully collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, controls and provide support on special requests when necessary
- Apply oneself to various department-wide initiatives
- Strong interest in continuously improving the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Coordinate Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Assemble monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Present Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Provide monthly accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- SEC reporting and SOX compliance is a plus
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
- Proficiency with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Deep understanding of Annual External Audit
- Intercompany Accounting experience desired
- Annual Internal Audit experience preferred
- Expertise in Company Internal Control
- Auditing experience
- Proven knowledge of financial auditing
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Must have excellent time management skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...