Employment Type: Full-Time
$65000.00 to $75000.00 yearly
If you're looking for full-time work, this terrific Wealth Management company is seeking a Senior Accountant. Candidates looking for strong compensation, excellent benefits, and career advancement should consider this position. Senior Accountants looking to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort will be interested in Robert Half Finance's opportunity for ambitious and detail-oriented candidates. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Akron, Ohio area, at a company where effort is rewarded. In this role, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. To succeed in this role, you will need to be comfortable participating in compliance, interacting with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and reviewing schedules reporting processes. To be preferred for this position, you will need to have a complex understanding Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
What you get to do every single day
- Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billings, and transactions
- Implement, maintain, and adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Become well-versed in month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Manage schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Organize and review a variety of financial data, reporting it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Manage depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Produce journal entries and perform the month end close under minimal supervision
- Impromptu reporting and special projects, when requested
Please send resumes to Jen Claxon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-252-0263.Job Requirements:
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Experience with ERP systems
- Proven knowledge of general ledger
- Knowledge of journal entries
- Deep understanding of Annual Physical Inventory
- Month end closings experience desired
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience preferred
- Experience with Financial Statement
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
- 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Loading some great jobs for you...