May 20, 2020Have an account? Sign in.
For immediate consideration please email resumes directly to Angelica at email@example.com and type Payroll Manager in the subject line.
Robert Half Finance and Accounting has partnered with a growing company in North Dallas to identify a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager must have 5 + years payroll management experience, including 3-4 years multi-state payroll required and will be responsible for the following:
· Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
· Process payroll and pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
· Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
· Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
· Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
· Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
· Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Other duties assigned as needed
Bachelor’s Degree or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) required
Five plus years payroll management experience, including 3-4 years multi-state payroll required
Must have experience with Workday
Proven ability to develop payroll processes and procedures.
Demonstrated issue management/problem solving skills required
Strong Excel skills required
Require high level understanding of payroll systems and how they interface
Experienced working in a high volume, multi-task work environment a plus.
Strong organizational and planning skills, able to work reliably and efficiently under demanding deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
Detail oriented, high level of accuracy and completeness of work, able to detect inconsistencies in data; able to prepare and process payroll documentation accurately and in a timely manner
Experience complying with audit procedures, tax and accounting practices, company policies and procedures
Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
Good oral and written communication skills required.
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records.
Flexible with schedule to meet tight month, quarter and year end
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...