Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to work as a Controller? Eileen Crosby at Robert Half Finance has a current opening for a reputable law firm you don't want to miss. As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. This company provides competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and strong opportunity for career growth. We are seeking someone who will motivate others by maintaining a positive detail oriented attitude; is honest, reliable and a leader; and will offer remarkable client services, managing self and others with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also make key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to lead the production of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, to challenge the status quo, and to encourage creativity throughout your area of responsibility. Based in the Portland, Oregon area, this opening for a Controller is a full-time position.
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Act on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctual
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
- Analyze deliverables of self and team to confirm they meet client expectationsJob Requirements:
• A minimum of seven plus years of law firm or detail oriented services organization experience as a Controller
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Strong analytical and technical skills to produce quality work timely with minimal errors
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with all firm employees
• Strong leadership and management skills to support and mentor the accounting team
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to compile and present data through preparation of concise detailed reports
• The ability to multi-task effectively to deliver consistent results in a fast-paced growth environment
• Strong computer skills with experience using all Microsoft Office applications, document management and law firm practice management systems
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Loading some great jobs for you...