Controller (Ref 04040-0011474132)
Employment Type: Full-Time
$90000.00 to $120000.00 yearly
The ideal candidate for this position is driven by high expectations and thrives in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. If you're looking to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department at a successful drilling company, Robert Half Finance is looking for a Controller. The Controller will be a full-time employment opportunity and will be located in the League City, Texas region. In this role, it will be critical for you to plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. In this role, it will be critical for you to effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. The company provides exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth.
What you get to do every single day
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctual
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties
- Review and revise deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectationsJob Requirements:
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Practical knowledge of supervising
- Foundational knowledge in project accounting
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience highly desired
- General familiarity with Leadership
- CPA certification is required
- Proven knowledge of month end closings
- International financial reporting standards experience required
- Well-founded grasp of financial reporting
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- High attention to detail
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills highly desired
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
The Controller position will fill quickly so do not hesitate to apply by sending a MS Word document copy of your resume to Larry Amacker via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate and confidential consideration!
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Loading some great jobs for you...