Employment Type: Full-Time
Moore Holding is hiring a talented Senior Accountant professional to join our team. If you are excited to be part of a winning team, Moore is a great place to grow your career.The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrade, and implementation of new company acquisitions
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels with Sr leadership to produce timely, efficient, and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Work with CFO to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting processes is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required; advanced knowledge of Excel is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation, along with excellent organizational skills, are required.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation always with fellow employees and customers.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is required.
- Minimum 4-6 years of progressively responsible accounting experience, including work directly related to monthly accounting closes and financial accounting closes is required.
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred.
- Public accounting experience is preferred.
Loading some great jobs for you...