SaaS Controller - Blacksburg
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Qualtrax is looking for a hands-on, results-driven and confident SaaS Controller to manage and improve our organization s financial performance and direct our accounting operations. Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a Controller will aid our organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, maintaining proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets, and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, passion for details and accuracy, be highly organized, and be ready for hands-on financial work. The Controller should maintain strong best practices in our accounting functions, be proactive with budget management, provide financial analysis and visibility of key health metrics, promote regulatory compliance, and help drive company profitability.
- Maintain internal control environment and related documentation to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures for general accounting operations
- Manage and/or process GL, AP, Billing, Revenue Accounting/Analysis and AR
- Prepare and maintain all balance sheet schedules
- Reconcile cash to bank statements on a monthly basis
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, and other applicable taxes and regulations in coordination with external tax accountant
- Own the ongoing external audit relationship and possess the ability to assess and conclude on technical accounting issues, particularly around revenue recognition, stock-based compensation and equity arrangements
- Direct the daily activities and the career development of team members, including leading, hiring, coaching, and mentoring
- Run all operational accounting to ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes
- Maintain stock option schedules, calculate period expense and record the results
- Manage the risk management process
- Manage the banking relationship including the creating and submitting of the monthly borrowing base information
- Oversee the contract renewal process including the review of all contracts to ensure accurate billings
- Review the bookings information including all new sales contracts and upsells and ensure subsequent billings
- Review contracts, including, but not limited to customer and vendor contracts
- Manage and approve all travel expenses through Expensify and reconcile with the monthly credit card statement
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll including the submission of 401k and HSA/FSA information to respective providers
- Prepare monthly commissions and bonus schedules for various sales related positions and the associated deferred commission schedule
- Build budgets and coordinate monthly variance analysis with departmental leads
- Oversee and submit monthly/quarterly/yearly financial and operational information including key metrics to the executive team and board of directors
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field; CPA strongly preferred
- 4-6 years experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry; SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Proven working experience as a Controller
- Experience in managing people and teams
- Experience in payroll and commission-calculation
- Strong leader with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated technical understanding of US GAAP
Loading some great jobs for you...