A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.Our Finance Internal Audit team leads the integral audit function, providing PwC with a range of performance improvement and compliance services. You'll help with complex financial, operational and compliance related engagements including corporate governance and other regulations.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
* Train and lead staff
* Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
The PwC Internal Audit (IA) team is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve operations. IA assists the Firm in accomplishing its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of processes focused on internal operations and risk management, financial controls and compliance, information systems, and governance processes.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
* Security and controls for various on-premise and cloud-based technologies;
* Control standards (e.g., Sarbanes Oxley, COSO, COBIT) and control testing strategies;
* Understanding of public accounting practices and internal audit processes, including, technology and tools for planning testing and reporting;
* Service Organization Control (SOC) reporting;
* Information technology general controls concepts in the areas of system development, change management, computer operations and access to programs and data;
* Identifying and assessing business process controls and linkage to IT systems; and,
* IT security fundamentals across multiple domains including security management, security architecture, access control, application development, operations security, physical security, cryptography, telecommunications and networking, business continuity planning, investigations and ethics.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
* Executing a detailed audit work plan for the IT audit component of the IA team;
* Performing IT security assessment processes, including audit and organizational policy and standards review;
* Performing testing activities for compliance and third-party attestation (e.g., SOC, ISO, Hitrust, etc.) projects;
* Drafting audit reports;
* Delivering regular status reports to IA management;
* Participating in training to further enhance IA knowledge and maintain any CPE requirements;
* Applying internal control principles and business/technical knowledge, including Application Controls and IT General Controls, and financial reporting concepts; and,
* Applying professional skepticism skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task