ProSciento in Chula Vista, CA
- Industry: Accounting - Corporate Accounting - Senior
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $83,540.00 - 129,030.00 / Year*
Summary: Manages pre- and post-award contract processes with ProSciento s clients including budget proposal preparation, post-award contract and budget preparation, and management of Change Orders under the direction of the Associate Director, Budgeting & Contracting and project team as applicable. Performs duties in accordance with ProSciento s values, policies, and procedures.
Please note: ProSciento is looking to hire local Senior Contracts & Grant Analyst.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following. Other duties may be assigned at the company s sole discretion.
- Full cycle of budget proposal development including coordination and alignment with internal and external parties as needed within established governance parameters, and support to Business Development department during negotiations of budget proposals.
- Drafting and support during negotiations for Study Start-up Agreements/Work Orders/Change Orders with ProSciento s clients.
- Accurately forecasts contract execution timelines in support of timely project start up.
- Communicates and explains legal/budgetary issues to internal and external parties per department guidelines.
- Appraises contracts for completeness and accuracy and ensures adherence to department guidelines; ensures accurate filing and tracking.
- Interacts and collaborates with other functional areas, including Business Development and operational departments colleagues.
- Builds relationships and credibility with internal customers through professionalism and accuracy of contracts support.
- Produces 100% error-free documents, including budgets and contracts.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities for Proposal Manager II
All duties defined in level one, and in addition:
- Engages in process-improving activities and bidding tools/templates development.
- Contributes to legal review based on fallback provisions.
- May negotiate Master Service Agreements (MSAs) within established parameters.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities for Senior Proposal Manager
All duties defined in levels one through two, and in addition:
- Independently identifies problems and provides solutions/recommendations.
- Creates budget templates for investigator sites negotiations on as needed basis.
- Participates in bid defense meetings.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proposal Manager Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in finance, economics, or related business field. 1-2 years experience in a clinical research setting or similar environment, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proposal Manager II Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in finance, economics, or related business field. 2-3 years contracts & budgeting experience in a clinical research setting is required.
Senior Proposal Manager Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in finance, economics, or related business field. 3-4 years contracts & budgeting experience in a clinical research setting is required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must be able to work independently while partnering across functions. Ability to organize data and information effectively and communicate with professionalism and clarity to management and clients.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), procedural manuals, governmental and clinical regulations, and similar documents. Able to communicate effectively to employees, cross departmentally, in management groups, and group meeting settings.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills with working knowledge and proficiency in the current Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Windows applications. Ability to quickly learn and use new software systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!