Employment Type: Full-Time
Projects Unlimited, Inc. offers an excellent work environment and the stability you are looking for from a family-owned company who has been operating in Dayton, Ohio for over 60 years! Projects Unlimited is a premier contract manufacturer providing electronics and wiring solutions to the Aerospace industry. We invite you to join our growing team!
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for weekly payroll processing for all divisions. They will serve as a back-up to Accounts Payable with vendor issues and outstanding items on the open PO list. The Accounting Specialist will apply daily cash receivables and may also serve as a back up to our Staff Accountant. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and process the weekly payroll for all divisions including: recording weekly payroll journal entries, payroll account reconciliations, payroll tax returns and payments, child support payments, annual year end payroll procedures, payroll garnishments and weekly related reports.
- Manages daily work of the company 401k benefit plan ensuring that 401k changes, remittance of 401k contributions, new hires and termination updates are all done timely and in accordance with plan rules. Completes all related reporting. Assists with annual 401K Audit with external auditors.
- Back-up for Accounts Payable Specialist; reviews open PO list and settles complex vendor issues.
- Back-up for Staff Accountant. Process the company month-end close and assist with review of accounts with large variances.
- Collaborate with others in the accounting department to ensure all financial actions are accurate
- Monitors all company credit card transactions and codes for general ledger entries
- Prepare Sales and Use tax returns, Commercial Activity tax returns and other various quarterly and annual filings as required and maintain filing instructions.
- Communicates with internal and external customers to discuss account statuses, charges, and/or discrepancies
- Responsible for the daily application of cash and related reporting.
- Maintain cash collection schedule based on historical tracking
- Manages all company travel expenses through electronic expense system by collecting, coding and entering expenses.
- Enter assigned monthly journal entries
- Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations and suggest adjusting entries as needed
- Assists Accounting Manager with other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field; or more than 5-7 years experience with payroll and/or other accounting functions.Skills/Qualifications/Experience:
Projects Unlimited offers a competitive benefits package and Unlimited opportunity!
- 3-5 years payroll and/or accounting experience
- Tech savvy and aptitude with computers and software
- Knowledge of a manufacturing ERP preferred
- Solid understanding of payroll concepts and laws
- Experienced in accounting terms and processes
- Experience in a manufacturing setting highly desirable
- Ability to multi-task while working in a fast paced setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Projects Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Loading some great jobs for you...