Market Data and Corporate Actions Specialist
Parametric in Minneapolis, MN
- Industry: Accounting - Corporate Accounting - Senior
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $95,690.00 - 142,490.00 / Year*
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
The Market Data and Corporate Actions Specialist specializes in validating, processing, and understanding the end-to-end corporate action and market data life cycle for a diverse security master. It also encompasses sourcing, defining, and validating instrument reference or pricing data, maintaining the firm s security master for all investments, and applying the various business rules that govern it to ensure our business runs smoothly. This role interacts with multiple areas of the firm (trading, operations, accounting, etc.) and works closely with business users.
- Execute daily processing/validation procedures while ensuring the integrity and consistency of corporate action data (i.e. dividends, splits, mergers, and other events).
- Review position, transaction, and cost basis discrepancies related to corporate action and/or pricing events.
- Field inquiries from internal or external parties relating to corporate actions or market data in a timely manner.
- Oversee daily price capture, validation, price movement (across all tradeable investment types), and the ongoing development of the pricing control process.
- Source, define, investigate, and validate security and company reference data within the system.
- Understand relevant pricing methodologies, market mechanics, and general security characteristics of internal and external tools (e.g., proprietary system, third-party pricing models).
- Research and establish best practices for security master data modeling and collaborate with development teams to improve efficiencies and controls.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Technology or related field strongly preferred
- 0-2 years of experience working with investments, market data, or corporate actions
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Preferred experience in: Bloomberg Terminal Functions and Application Programming Interface (API)
- Demonstrate strength in critical thinking to help recommend solutions, requires an analytical and thoughtful approach to work and making decisions
- Strong team player and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
Parametric is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity or express, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Parametric also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Parametric, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Parametric, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Investing entails risks and there can be no assurance that Parametric (and its affiliates) will achieve profits or avoid incurring losses. All investments are subject to potential loss of principal. Parametric does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. Please refer to the disclosure page for important information about investments and risks.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, company, corporate attorney, counsel, court, lawyer, legal, legal affairs, legal department
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Minneapolis, MN!