Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Manley’s Boiler is currently seeking a self-motivated individual for the Senior Accountant position. You will be responsible for making journal entries into Quickbooks, Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable, and financial reporting activities on a day-to-day basis. You will work closely with and report to the senior executive team.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Submit weekly cash position for CEO and VP of Finance and Accounting review
- Review and perform spot check accuracy/audit of AP and AR entries
- Verify that all purchases and expenditures are properly recorded to the jobs/projects (job-costing).
- Supervise, coach, and provide feedback to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Specialists.
- Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly account (bank, credit cards and balance sheet) reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance conducive to efficient month-end close.
- Prepare and submit WIP (job costing) monthly.
- Perform a monthly cycle inventory count and effective inventory management system.
- Make necessary adjusting journal entries, accruals for month-end close.
- Maintain accurate amortization, depreciation and accrual schedule.
- Review all inter-company transactions and make corrections as necessary.
- Lead the month-end and year-end close process.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the VP of Finance & Accounting attention.
- Assist in budget and forecasting activities.
- Aid in the coordination of tax prep, internal/external audits and other compliance matters when necessary.
· Lead in establishment of an organized, effective and efficient filing and record keeping system.
· Develop and aid in improving cost effective processes and procedures.
· Assist in other aspects of accounting and other departments as necessary.
Leadership and Management
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls to protect financial assets
- Supervise the accounting department in preparation, recording, and payment of client invoices, bills, and other transactions
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Liaise with our VP of Finance and Accounting to improve financial procedures
- Lead in creating an effective and efficient culture of the accounting department
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting with at least 2 years as a lead Accountant or Controller
· Must have experience in all general accounting transactions
· Knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial statement reporting
· Experience with general contractor’s or the construction industry highly preferred
· Experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software (Contractors Edition) is required
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Lead Accountant: 2 years (Required)
- Excel and Pivot Tables: 3 years (Required)
- Construction Accounting / WIP: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Loading some great jobs for you...