- NYPD Recruit
- $120,495.00 -120,660.00/year*
10451 N Big Creek Rd
Job Description **OPEN TO PERMANENT STAFF ANALYSTS ONLY.
The Office of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer within the Division of Finance is seeking to hire an exceptional, highly motivated, detail-oriented Staff Analyst, LI to function as a Compliance Analyst in the Compliance Unit. With a staff of more than 6,500 and a budget of $1.6 billion, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is the nation's premier local health agency. Its 100- plus programs protect and promote the health of the world's most culturally and linguistically diverse city. ( Post for Permanent )
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
* Pull data from internal and external systems to prepare reports and turn- around documents.
* Conduct procurement-specific analyses to determine MWBE utilization goals; proficiently search and analyze vendor lists using the M/WBE Online Directory.
* Develop appropriate documentation for procurement records.
* Monitor Local Law 1 Contracts to ensure that vendors are in compliance with M/WBE participation goals. Represent the Agency at outreach events.
* Conduct training and provide guidance on implementing agency and citywide-specific operating procedures.
* Draft MWBE reports as requested internally and externally; seek and implement innovative and effective ways to improve the Agency's utilization of Certified MWBE's.
* Search City databases to determine if building violations exist on sites that are subject to a pending City Contract. Coordinate with program managers and contractors to obtain documents that address related violations;this may include corrective action plans, related certificates, information required for research documents, etc.
* Conduct integrity reviews of subcontractors to ensure that the DOHMH only does business with responsible vendors.
* Ensure that vendors comply with DLS reporting. Follow-up with vendors to ensure compliance with PASSPORT. Work with prime contractors on subcontractor approvals.
* Ensure that vendors enter subcontractor payments in the City's Payee Information Portal.
* Work with Contract Managers agency-wide to ensure that Performance Evaluations are conducted in a timely manner.
* Ensure compliance with Local Laws and Citywide policies, such as LL 63, HIRE NYC and PLA.
* Attend internal and external meetings on behalf of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer. Minimum Qual Requirements 1. A master s degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience working in one or a combination of the following areas: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; or in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; or in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, labor relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation or fiscal management; or in a related area.
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level II, individuals must have, after meeting the minimum requirements, one additional year of professional experience as described in \"2\" above. Preferred Skills - Strong analytical, quantitative and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and changing needs and priorities.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of NYC Procurement Policy Board Rules and NYC Financial Management System.
- Successful experience working under strict deadlines. Additional Information **IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL CANDIDATES:
Please note: If you are called for an interview you will be required to bring to your interview copies of original documentation, such as:
A document that establishes identity for employment eligibility, such as: A Valid U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card/Green Card, or Driver s license.
Proof of Education according to the education requirements of the civil service title.
Proof of Address/NYC Residency dated within the last 60 days, such as: Recent Utility Bill (i.e. Telephone, Cable, Mobile Phone)
Additional documentation may be required to evaluate your qualification as outlined in this posting s Minimum Qualification Requirements section. Examples of additional documentation may be, but not limited to: college transcript, experience verification or professional trade licenses.
If after your interview you are the selected candidate you will be contacted to schedule an on-boarding appointment. By the time of this appointment you will be asked to produce the originals of the above documents along with your original Social Security card.
The federal government provides student loan forgiveness through its Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) to all qualifying public service employees. Working with the DOHMH qualifies you as a public service employee and you may be able to take advantage of this program while working full-time and meeting the program s other requirements.
Please visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program site to view the eligibility requirements:
\"FINAL APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT & BUDGET APPROVAL To Apply Apply online with a cover letter to In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID number # 398784.
We appreciate the interest and thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The NYC Health Department is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law. Residency Requirement New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, human resources associate, human resources generalist, officer, operations partner, professional, representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...