Novolex employs over 10,000 people across the globe. We strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
The primary and ultimate responsibility of the Manager Income Tax is to ensure the timely and accurate filing of various tax returns and related regulatory filings. The Tax Manager will also oversee the day-to-day activities related to income tax and property tax. This position will report to the Vice President of Global Tax.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Manage consolidated U.S. income tax return process
- Manage state tax return process, including consolidated filings
- Manage quarterly U.S. income tax provision process
- Prepare quarterly financial footnotes
- Review fixed assets and adjust tax attributes as necessary
- Assist outside consultants with foreign income tax returns
- Assist with foreign tax provision process
- Manage income tax audit process
- Manage property tax return process
- Manage property tax assessments and audits
- Manage work of outside consultants
- Assist with special projects as necessary (Transfer Pricing, R&D, various tax credits, etc.)
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- 5+ years of tax experience in public accounting or with a large company
- Strong computer skills and ability to manipulate large amounts of data electronically
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Experience in extracting general ledger data from Hyperion
- OneSource tax software experience preferred
- Sage fixed asset software experience preferred
- RIA tax research experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- US GAAP accounting knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with executive members of management
- Ability to multitask and deliver timely/accurate financial data
About the Company
- Novolex is North America s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- Novolex is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 62 facilities around the globe, including the worlds largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 10,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- The family of historic Novolex brands includes Bagcraft Packaging, Hilex Poly , Fortune Plastics , Duro Bag , De Luxe Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag , International Converter , General Packaging Products, Heritage Bag , Burrows Packaging, Sheilds and The Waddington Group.
- Each of the Novolex brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- Novolex s mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex , have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex , visit our website at: www.novolex.com
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Novolex is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-###-####.
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
#INDHP #CB #GD #MON #LI-JT1