Fixed Income Product Control, Analyst (Hempstead)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job title: FI Product Controller
Corporate Title: Analyst
Department: Global Middle Office
Location: New York
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit
- Product Control experience
- Product exposure including Fixed Income (Treasuries, Strips, Agencies) Derivatives, FX, Bonds, Listed Futures/Options
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform PL/BS reconciliation, reporting and provide appropriate commentary on drivers
- Fielding Trading Desk queries
- Oversight and management of Front Office to Back Office (FOBO) reconciliations and continuous strategic improvements to the process around the FOBO
- Month-end close responsibility, including General Ledger substantiation
- Tracking activity across multiple legal entities
- Daily interaction across multiple support functions: Front Office, Regulatory, Treasury, Operations, Corporate Control, Information Technology, Market Risk
- Continued development of the analytical environment - including attributed P&L explain(s) and derivative analyses
- 1-3 yrs relevant work experience preferably within Financial Markets
- Strong Excel, PeopleSoft a plus.
- Strong grasp of fundamental accounting concepts.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, good problem solving capabilities, organized and self-starter
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed in a challenging environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both the written and verbal form.
- Detail oriented, proactive and tenacious approach to problem solving with a focus on results.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Good communication skills - can liaise across multiple departments and achieve results
- Demonstrates initiative, Self-sufficient, independent, results driven, strong academic background
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Loading some great jobs for you...