- NBC Universal
- $95,430.00 -157,490.00/year*
354 W 31st St
The Sr. Accountant of Program Finance and Accounting will play a participant role in the centralization of program accounting across the Entertainment and Lifestyle (ELG) Portfolio. This role provides an outstanding opportunity to learn about the cable entertainment business and be a change agent. The position will report to the portfolio Director and will work closely with finance leadership across the portfolio.
This position will support the Director of Accounting to implement a plan to transition program accounting and related financial reporting to a centralized team. Once a plan is designed, the role will support the implementation of the transition plan to the extent of his/her role, which is inclusive of support in (i) standardizing existing processes, (ii) identifying business process efficiencies, and (iii) implementing best practices. This position will need to work as a member of a cohesive team that can successfully meet tight deadlines and respond quickly to changes in the business environment.
ELG is combination of program assets which is a component of NBCUniversal Cable Networks reporting segment, a division of NBCUniversal. The role offers ample opportunity for growth within NBC Universal.
- Standardize existing processes with keen eye towards the existence of appropriate internal controls place for a fair presentation of program assets in accordance with GAAP, and support of the implementation of best practices for a centralized program accounting function
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations in the ledger and the account reconciliation tool accurately and timely
- Participate with the Director of Accounting in the collaboration with production, network finance and business affairs teams to determine timing of programming to support appropriate entries in connection with monthly close and support finance team in variance reporting to pacing/budgets
- Review of program payments against contract terms and ensure proper coding to the general ledger and update in the subsidiary ledger
- Prepare monthly journal entries relating to production tax credits and ensure a complete understanding of timing of recognition in support of balance sheet classification
- Participate in processes around reconciliation of intercompany show balances to ensure proper tie out and elimination between entities
- Timely preparation of data requests for rom Corporate Controller's Office for purposes of internal and external reporting purposes
- Meet with internal and external auditors and provide requested support as necessary
- Active participant in ensuring SOX documentation is up to date and is reflective of current processes
- Participate in process re-design for all key relevant financial ledger processes and systems to achieve monthly close; support in the identification of areas for improvement and optimization by leveraging technology and eliminating of redundancies
- Integral member of an accounting team that delivers quality accounting services as well as governance and control while supporting the close process based on a defined calendar
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key corporate subsystem applications and the interface with financial ledger
- Proper recording of journal entries related to program accounting as a broadcaster and distributor
- Perform ad hoc reporting and special projects as requested
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with the business finance and controllership teams
- Be nimble in working across portfolio
- Enthusiastic and ambitious personality in sharing ideas and ability to contribute to producing high quality results and being actively involved in process improvement
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
2-4 years of work experience inclusive of 2+ years of big 4 public accounting experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Masters strongly desired
CPA strongly desired
Detail and process oriented as well as excellent organizational skills
Clear thinker with ability to research problems and drive resolutions with high standards in quality
Strong analytical skills
Advanced Excel (pivot, v-lookup) and Word skills required
Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills
Strong work ethic
Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in team environments
Loading some great jobs for you...