The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and distribution of payroll via the payroll system. Reviews the computations of pay and ensures the company payroll policies are in accordance with the government regulations. Responds to and resolves any inquiries regarding paychecks and coordinates payroll with outside service provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serve as primary point of contact in the processing of both semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls
2. Perform daily payroll standard operating procedures and processing checklists
3. Work with customers to maintain and establish key inputs for payroll processing (e.g. commissions, uniform, relocation, tuition reimbursement, LOA, etc.)
4. Serves as primary point of escalation cases received from payroll team and other internal stakeholders
5. Manages the timely resolution of customer issues and assist in instructing outsourced payroll team on daily issues log
6. Assist in basic payroll system configuration of pay components and deductions
7. Assist with projects as needed in order to remain compliant with Federal and State payroll laws and regulations
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education & Experience:
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 4 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...