Global Financial Crimes Technology Auditor, Vice President
MUFG in Charlotte, NC
- Industry: Executive Management - Accounting/Finance
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $146,610.00 - 146,610.00 / Year*
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we?re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It?s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We?re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.?
The Vice President is a line management role that reports to the GFC IT Audit Director and is responsible for supporting the rollout of the global strategy for technology audit operations, practices and reporting specific to GFC. This position is responsible for managing assigned GFC IT audits and supervising testing over systems, processes and controls; internal and external stakeholder management; and the quality and judgment calls in resulting IT audit work. Additionally, the position will be engaged in independent validation of business activities in relation to regulatory requirements. This position generally does not manage staff in a reporting line relationship, but may oversee staff on an engagement-by-engagement basis, as applicable.? On as-needed basis, the position requires global travel throughout Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
- Maintain the responsibility for the quality of assigned GFC IT audit engagements, in compliance with audit methodology requirements and executive management expectations, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and external professional practice expectations
- Identify potential risk, including awareness of risks both within the span of control as well as enterprise-wide; assess the state of the governance, risk management, and control environment aspects relevant to that risk; and report results in an effective and timely basis, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk for all assigned GFC IT audit engagements
- Assign and review the work of audit team members for assigned GFC IT audit engagements in coordination with both business and IT audit Directors
- Provide assistance in the validation and closure of internal and external (e.g. regulatory) GFC IT issues
- Effectively partner with other internal audit groups to provide subject matter expertise in the joint execution of internal audits with GFC impact
- Develop effective relationships with stakeholders and understanding of GFC business lines
- Act as a leader and role model and continuously improve self and the department
Qualifications and Required Experience
- A bachelor?s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., information technology, computer science, accounting, finance, economics) is required
- Professional certifications strongly preferred (ACAMS, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA)
- Public Accounting (Big 4) experience a plus
- 8+ years audit experience, previously leading IT audit engagements supporting Financial Crimes (BSA/AML/OFAC) compliance audits
- Previous experience auditing or reviewing GFC MRAs or technology-related MRAs is preferred
- Significant experience with the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies and current IT trends
- Experience in technology risk assessment, audit methodology and execution
- Experience working with the financial industry regulators, including OCC, FRB, and FINRA, and responding to regulatory requests a plus
- Experience in coordination and integration efforts across multiple groups, preferably within enterprise-wide internal audit functions
- Possesses strong project management skills; exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking; and demonstrates ability to meet strict deadlines
- Exhibits effective communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills; and ability to engage with all levels of internal audit and business line management
- Employs strong critical thinking skills to identify pragmatic recommendations within an evolving and increasingly complex regulatory and risk management environment
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
- Proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
- Aligned with MUFG Code of Conduct, exhibits strong ethical behavior and adheres to other similar professional requirements.
- Ability to travel is required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Associated topics: analyst, audit, budget, cfa, credit, financial controller, fiscal, investment banking, pay, revenue
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!