Senior Auditor - Internal Auditing
Mr. Cooper in Dallas, TX
- Industry: Accounting - Corporate Accounting - Senior
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $81,330.00 - 126,990.00 / Year*
When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We're here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we're at it, we're determined to change the lending industry itself. It's simple, but it won't be easy. And we'll need a great team behind us. (That's where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren't just good values. They're good business. Working here isn't for people who want to punch a clock. It's for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
This position is for an experienced Sr. Internal Auditor who enjoys hands-on involvement with complex IT Audit and IT SOX programs.
- Plans and conducts independent internal audits and reviews in support of the Company's annual internal audit plan, including leading and participating in a wide variety of IT Audit and IT SOX reviews.
- Develops audit test programs and performs audit tests to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Experience & knowledge in IT control best practices within key IT infrastructure areas including network and Internet security, SDLC, BCP/DR, application security, cloud computing, data center operations and general IT operations
- Performs research to understand and summarize laws and regulations or other requirements and assesses if functions and programs being evaluated are in compliance.
- Prepares audit findings and recommendations that clearly communicate risks, in terms of impact to the business and root cause, and key audit issues from a senior management and Audit Committee perspective.
- Meets with clients / auditees to communicate audit results and recommendations.
- Provides periodic updates to management and the Internal Audit AVP and/or VP regarding status of audits and other projects in process.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships and partnerships with audited areas to ensure mutual understanding of audit scope, procedures, and reporting progress.
- Provides assistance and guidance to external auditors to ensure a timely and efficient completion of their audits (where applicable).
- Assists the AVP and/or VP on special projects and assignments.
- Develops skills necessary for advancement to other opportunities within the company or within the Internal Audit team.
- Good analytical skills and utilizes data analysis software to perform statistical analyses of data (SQL knowledge a plus, but not required).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job
- 3-6 years of public accounting or internal audit experience in the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of internal audit methodologies and practices, including IIA standards, and the implementation of such methodologies
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to excel in highly interactive team environment
- Able to understand risk and control concepts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), specifically, skills with Excel including filtering, pivots, charting and graphing; and PowerPoint skills used in creating various reports for senior management
- Strong project management skills understanding assignments, tracking/monitoring progress, and reporting on status
- Understanding of data and data structure
- Proven experience and knowledge in auditing the following IT audit domains:
- Information Security
- Data Governance and Management
- Network and Internet Security
- Business Continuity and Planning and Disaster Recovery
- User Access
- Data Center and IT Operations
- IT Governance
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC), and Application Change Management
- Websites and Mobile Applications
- Cloud Computing
- IT Asset Lifecycle Management
- IT Problem Management, Help Desk and Service Level Management
- Enterprise Applications including the following control areas:
- Application security architecture
- Application access
- Server-level access and controls
- Database-level access and controls
- System interface controls to ensure completeness, accuracy, and data integrity
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISA, CIA, or information security related certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, CISM a plus.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Audit - IT General Controls testing.
- IT - Control implementation and compliance review.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning, implementation and testing.
- Information security management.
- Information systems audit (Application Controls audit).
- Audit program management.
- IT infrastructure - knowledge of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing.
- Cloud computing and related risks
- Agile change management methodology
Job Requisition ID:7807
Job Category:Audit & Controls
Primary Location City:Dallas
Primary Location Region:Texas
Primary Location Postal Code:75019
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Corporate
Additional Posting Location(s):
Visit our Media Room to learn more about Mr. Cooper, the largest non-bank mortgage servicer.
For further information or to apply online click "Apply" below
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!