- Montefiore Health System
- $239,690.00 -239,690.00/year*
10451 N Big Creek Rd
MEDICAL AUDIT ANALYST
BRONX, NY, US
* CPC certification is required for interested candidates. Candidate
must have knowledge of the principles and procedures of coding.
* Candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Coding review/correction for patient encounters and surgery
cases (e.g., bundling, LCD edits). Ensure proper coding,
timely documentation and billing by physicians and APPs.
* Review medical records to ensure data is complete and supports
procedures reported. Determine and apply appropriate billing
* Review and resolve coding related edits captured in the
* Analyze coding related denials; liaise/work with AR team in
Professional Services to reduce coding denials, appeal claim
denials, providing letter of medical necessity and any
* Participate in various programs that affect coding, clinical
data and billing optimization.
* Assist in research and other analytical projects such as
evaluate billing and coding practices within the department.
Assist providers in documentation issues and in providing
* Initiates and conducts analysis of coding trends to identify
missing, incomplete, or questionable data.
* Maintain coding skills and knowledge of changing regulations.
* Candidate must have:
* Strong organizational, analytical and writing skills.
* Excellent verbal and communication skills.
* Ability to educate staff and the physicians.
* Liaise with other departments such as Professional Services,
Other practices (i.e., co-surgeries).
* Maintain good working relationships within and outside of the
Department: Neurosurgery Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: MOSES
Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 3316 Rochambeau Ave,
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: ******
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore
will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge
associates in all job classifications without regard to their race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship
status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status,
marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
To heal, to teach, to discover and to advance the health of the
communities we serve.
To be a premier academic medical center that transforms health and
Define our philosophy of care, they shape our actions and motivate and
inspire us to pursue excellence and achieve the goals we have set
forth for the future. Our values include:
Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...